Golden Milk, Almond Breakfast Smoothie - Vata Pacifying| Ayurvedic| Vegan| Gluten-free| Sugar-free
A Golden Milk, Almond Breakfast Smoothie for those last cold winter days. It is Vata pacifying as well as strengthening for our immune system. Even though we are almost at the end of late winter (Vata) season and are about to transition into early spring (Kapha season), Vata is still very high at the moment. The air is very dry and frosty.
So let's get geared up, with this golden milk almond smoothie!
Almonds are a great option to reduce Vata energy due to their sweet and warming nature, which is why this recipe contains lots of it. Along with the warming spices, the turmeric, and black pepper combo, this smoothie has your body fighting inflammation, heating up your Agni (digestive fire) and gearing up your immune system. While all you have to do.. is sit back, relax and enjoy these last days of winter by curling up with a soft blanket and lighting some candles.
- 2 cups/ about 500 ml of almond milk
- 2 hands full of pre-soaked almonds
- 6 pre-soaked and pitted Medjool dates
- 3 cloves
- 5 cardamom pods
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder
- Small piece of ginger
- A pinch of salt
- A pinch of black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of ghee or coconut oil (optional)
- A dash of vanilla (optional)
Time: 5-10 mins
Portion: 4 servings
1. Start of the night before by filling a bowl with water and letting the pitted Medjool dates and almonds soak in overnight.
2. In the morning all you need to do is pour all the ingredients into your blender and blend away! If the mixture turns out to thick, you can add some extra almond milk until it gets the desired smoothie-like consistency.
Now of course, you could enjoy your smoothie just like that if you are in a hurry or anything. However I do recommend taking the next extra step, that hardly takes any time at all.
By heating up the golden mixture and adding some fatty acids all the effects mentioned above will be even more powerful. If you are already high in Vata, your body will be grateful.
3. Melt your coconut or ghee in a pan and add the mixture to it to heat it up and service it nice and warm.