Spring detox: Ayurvedic DETOX Beetroot soup that is quick, easy and ready to serve within 15 mins!
Finally, spring is here! The sunlight is returning, our days are becoming longer and new beginnings are in the air. According to Ayurveda, this season is characterized as Kapha season. Kapha energy is made up of the elements water andearth. It has the quality of being slow, steady, solid, oily, earthy, grounding, heavy, soft.
A great way to balance that out is by a spicy detox soup, like this one right here. The spices are going to wake up and throw in some fuel to our digestive flame (Agni) and assist our body in burning the fat build up that our body has held on to during winter. As it is getting warmer there is no need for our bodies to hold on to it anymore. That way all the toxins can be released. The beetroot will help with cleansingand flush out the released excess toxins from our body, particularly our liver.
Leaving you feeling light and refreshed. Just like the spring season.
- 2 cooked beets
- 1 diced sweet potato
- 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 tbsp of cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp of fennel seeds
- a thumb size ginger piece
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper (add more or less, according to taste)
- 1/2 tbsp of coconut oil
Time: 15 minutes
1. Start by melting the coconut oil in your soup pan. Grate or chop your garlic cloves and ginger finely. Add this to your hot coconut oil and add all the spices. Sauté this for a few minutes on medium-high heat, until you start to smell all the flavors coming out. Now chop your beets into fours and add it in there along with the diced sweet potato.
2. Add a liter of vegetable stock. Let this come to a boil over high heat, then turn the heat down and let it simmer for a few minutes until the sweet potato is cooked through.
3. Get out your hand blender or pour the contents of your pan into a blender, and start blending away!